Overseas Merit Fellowship Finland Challenge 2017
To the students: On this page you find information on this Overseas Merit Fellowship (OMF) in Finland. We have combined a comprehensive reading package which you should get familiar with before we start the OMF Finland Challenge. Also, info on the tasks etc on here.
Kind regards, TUAS team
Pre-arrival reading material
Here you will find some interesting reading material about Finland which we believe will help you to orientate to the course before your arrival.
Main outlines of Finnish history, click here
- obligatory to read the whole text. Additionally: there are also interesting texts e.g. in chapter Life & Society, if you want to read
Education in Finland, click here
- obligatory to read the whole text
Leading the cycle – Finnish road map to a circular economy 2016–2025, click here
- obligatory to read pages 1-36
Innovation policy and governance in Finland, click here
- obligatory to read pages 1-27 (i.e. pages 151-177)
General information about your stay
You have received a leaflet on the practical issues already in Singapore.
Tasks and materials
Materials on CE:
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation https://www.ellenmacarthurfoundation.org/publications
- Sitra’s Road map https://media.sitra.fi/2017/02/24032659/Selvityksia121.pdf
- Other Sitra publications https://www.sitra.fi/en/#publications
- CEC http://www.circulareconomyclub.com/category/toolkit/
- WBCSD http://ceguide.org/
- Waste hierarchy http://ec.europa.eu/environment/waste/index.htm
- Other materials that you find or are recommended by the teachers
Materials on future working life & experts:
- HBR https://hbr.org/2007/07/the-making-of-an-expert
- Oivallus report / future of working life: Oivallus_eng
- What is an expert? /Weinsten the beginning of the article
- Sitra https://www.sitra.fi/en/topics/knowledge-decision-making/
Detailed daily programme
You have received a draft program already in Singapore and you will get an updated one on paper in Turku.
Piia Nurmi +358403550931, firstname.lastname@example.org